Having a good working relationship with your builder is really the most important part of the building process.
Depending on the size and scope of your home, construction could last anywhere between 12-24 months. Also, there is a warranty period of 1-2 years after construction is completed. Even after the warranty period, you may need to contact your builder with other questions. At least 4 years of your life and time will be invested with this builder, so liking them personally as well professionally is very important. You are contracting someone to build your dream home with your money. Obviously, you need someone you can trust, and, in most cases, this is more important than the cost.
We have the ability to knock on the door of 98% of our previous clients and show you their home. We are proud to introduce them to you and for you to hear their firsthand experience. Anyone can give you a list of phone numbers. Dreamstar can deliver a personal experience.
Our greatest strength is our organized approach to building, which begins with our cloud-based construction software. This software has been customized to our method of building and connects you with all the parties responsible for creating and building your new home. Password access is available on all your electronic devices.
- In the Specification & Selection Tab, we create your new home with your budget in mind. The complete specifications also include details of all the products and finishes of your home, i.e., cabinets, plumbing fixtures, pool detail, etc.
- In the Schedule Tab, you will have full access to our detailed construction schedule where you can follow the progress of your new construction. You will also know when final selections need to be made.
- In the Photos Tab, we post weekly progress photos of the construction. The program will notify you by email to alert you to any new pictures uploaded.
- In the Financial Tab, you have access to all the financial information of your project including the contract amount, previous payments, invoices, payments due, and any change orders. You can approve decisions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and review what you have previously done. You can also question or request items without leaving the program.
- You will be notified of changes immediately, including scheduled meetings, changes in the schedule and more via email.
- Design drawings, as well as progress and finished plans, are in their own folder as well as any concept drawings you want incorporated. Our goal is to have you and the entire design team have access to the information they need in real time. Time is precious.
Imagine showing off the progress of your new home with pictures on your smart phone!
Dreamstar is not a one man show. We are an established corporation with a team of experienced individuals who handle the entire building process. Along with the company’s qualifier, the Director of Construction is a licensed contractor as well. Our managers have at least 30 years of field supervisor experience. They are equipped with iPads, and you have instant access to them during business hours for questions and updates.
Wi-Fi enabled job site cameras allow the office and the Project Managers to watch the construction site 24/7. Adhering to a schedule is about who is NOT on the job. Management by exception is made easy when you can always see the site.
The Selection Phase is when you will be choosing all the features and details in your new home. Beginning with our organized staff and the ABC list, we will take you through selections in record time. Design services can be provided to you on a limited basis from one of our partnering designers. It goes much quicker with a helping hand and good eye. If you are working with your own designer, we will assist in helping them navigate through our material suppliers, etc. with an eye on keeping the project moving forward and in budget.
Our in-house design function also includes our architectural services. Doug Poirier has created some of the finest designs in the Dreamstar collection. His flair for elegance and flow, coupled with our control on expense, means we draw the plans with both your lifestyle and budget in mind. Since he is in the office, design and change (when required) are handled expeditiously. We also work with plans completed by the top architectural firms in the area should you already have plans.
Relationships, Communication, Supervision and Design; Everyone claims it.
With Dreamstar Custom Homes, you can see it exists.
“The Dreamstar team did an incredible job working together to deliver us a home that meets all of our needs. Mary helped us personalize the home, Rachel coordinated everything, and Brett and Scott continue to reach out to make sure we are happy with our home. We are impressed by the quality of construction, but even more by the efforts of the Dreamstar team to deliver our dream home.”
Karen & Partick A.